Honed surfaces are a popular choice for homeowners who want a more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere in their homes. Unlike polished surfaces, honed surfaces have a matte, velvet-like finish that gives natural stone a more casual and less formal appearance while still retaining its elegance and beauty. In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of honed surfaces and discuss how Cepicat tools can help you achieve this beautiful finish.
What is a honed surface?
A honed surface is a type of finish that is achieved by grinding and sanding natural stone to create a smooth, matte texture. The process results in a soft, velvety surface that is less reflective and shiny than a polished surface.
Advantages of a honed surface
The benefits that give you a honed surface finish are:
- Casual and laid-back look: Honed surfaces have a softer, more relaxed appearance that creates a casual and laid-back mood in any room. They are perfect for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere in living spaces, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- Easy maintenance: Unlike polished surfaces, honed surfaces are less likely to show fingerprints, water spots, and other marks. They are also less prone to scratching, making them a great choice for high-traffic areas.
- Versatility: Honed surfaces are available in a wide range of natural stone materials, including granite, marble, and limestone. This makes it easy to find a honed surface that fits your style and design preferences.
Using Cepicat tools for honing natural stone
Cepicat offers a variety of honing tools that make it easy to achieve a perfect honed finish on natural stone surfaces. The most used tool is the Satin Fickert brush, made of rubber. There are two models:
- The LUX model, which gives a more glazed finish
- The MAT model, used for more opaque materials
With Cepicat tools, achieving a perfect honed finish on natural stone surfaces is easy and affordable. By using these tools, you can create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home that is both beautiful and practical.